2012, Saudi Arabia
– Middle East Master Plan, Urban Design Framework, Climate Sensitive, Sustainability
As US-based Urban Design Project Manager with cbt architects:
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has begun to take steps to reposition its educational goals with the intention of evolving their oil based economy into an internationally acclaimed knowledge economy.
This 35 hectacre site aims to revitalize the Al Shati District with flexible lot and building configurations to provide for a diverse and vibrant array of educational, retail, commercial and recreation opportunities for the Health Science facilities.
Key elements include:
1. Flexible block pattern for a walkable core
2. Pinwheel Greens to organize the public realm
3. Campus visibility along the eastern corridor
4. Sustainable site response, landscaping, and building design