2012, Saudi Arabia
– Passive Design Strategies, Architecture and Landscape Guidelines; Street Design
Working as U.S. based project manager at cbt architects, these Design Guidelines are intended to shape the public realm and guide it into a place that respects the natural environment, capitalizes
on surrounding economic opportunities, and establishes a physical form that
engages visitors and employees.
Primary principles guiding development include:
• Using sustainable design to create a campus in tune with the local climate to ensure minimal impact on the area’s resources.
• Buildings connect with the plan through a strong public realm with walkable, compact academic clusters.
• Landscape will appear to seamlessly blend campus functions and lend visual continuity throughout the campus.
• The phasing of campus is scaleable.