2011, cbt architects
– New Academic Typologies, Iconic Campus Architecture, Collaborative Learning, Historic Campus
KFUPM Planning Study for an Academic Classroom.
The first addition to KFUPM's IM Pei designed historic campus in 50 years, the architecture should continue to enhance academic excellence, improve student life on campus, and provide state of the art academic spaces.
Working as intern architect with Youngmin Jahan, a renowned University Campus Architecture and Programming expert, we focused on:
• Connective, collaborative spaces
• Multi-functional spaces and new academic typologies
• A monumental, formal and civic scale with quiet strength
• Relationship of built-up open spaces
• Missing links in the pedestrian network