2008, NBBJ LA
– Programming, Parking Access, Site Assessment, Residential Tower Interface, Retail
As intern architect at NBBJ, I supported graphic production for a potential
conference center and residential tower. A site assessment was completed for the Union Park district of downtown Las Vegas for suitability for a Global Expo project.
The key drivers for the site plan were:
1. Limiting truck loading at site's rear
2. Explore opportunities for double loaded expo halls
3. Flexibility in hall configuration
4. Maintain retail frontage on Union Park
5. How would the towers interface with the podium functions?
6. High parking counts